Stay Healthy During Flu Season
Whether you’re concerned about the seasonal flu or the common cold, the best way to stay healthy is by practicing good hygiene. Use these tips to help prevent getting sick and spreading germs:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. Throw away the tissue and wash your hands with soap and water immediately.
- If you don't have a tissue, don't sneeze into your hands. Instead, cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow.
- Wash your hands with soap and water frequently. When you're not able to wash your hands, use hand sanitizer that contains alcohol.
- Stay at least three feet away from people who are coughing or sneezing.
- Wash your hands immediately after you interact with someone who is sick.
- Keep yourself and your children at home when sick.
- Teach your children good hygiene habits.
- Ask for a mask if you go to a doctor's office or hospital when you're sick or worried about becoming sick.
- Get the flu vaccine.
Please note: This information is being provided for educational purposes only and shouldn’t be considered medical advice. Please consult a doctor for medical advice.