Stay Healthy During Flu Season
Protect yourself and your loved ones from getting and spreading the flu this season. Follow these healthy habits to reduce your chances of getting the flu virus:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. Throw away the tissue, and wash your hands with soap and water immediately.
- If you don't have a tissue, avoid sneezing into your hands. Instead, cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow.
- Wash your hands with soap and water frequently. If you can't wash your hands properly, use hand sanitizer that contains alcohol.
- Stay three to six feet away from people who are coughing or sneezing.
- Wash your hands immediately after you interact with someone who is sick.
- Keep yourself and your children at home when sick.
- Teach your children good hygiene habits.
- Ask for a mask if you go to a doctor's office or hospital when you're sick or worried about becoming sick.
- Get the flu vaccine.
NOTE: This information is being provided for educational purposes only and shouldn’t be considered medical advice. Please consult a doctor for medical advice.