Where to Get Vaccinated If You Have Medical Coverage
Most members who have medical insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts have full coverage (no cost) for FDA-approved flu vaccines when given by a participating provider (learn more). This includes the approved flu vaccine clinics listed below:
- Health care professional’s office
- Limited services clinic (e.g., CVS MinuteClinic®´)
- Urgent care center
- Community health center
- Public access clinic sponsored by cities or towns
- Hospital outpatient department
- Skilled nursing facility (where a member is receiving outpatient custodial services, such as physical therapy or occupational therapy)*
- In the member’s home (when given by a home health care provider, such as a visiting nurse)*
- At work (when given by a Blue Cross contracted vendor)
To find a participating provider who can administer the flu vaccine, choose one of the following:
- Log in to MyBlue then go to Find a Doctor & Estimate Costs. To search only limited care centers, select Urgent Care Centers. On the results page, choose Clinics, Limited Services under the Specialties drop-down menu.
- Call Member Service at the number on the front of your member ID card.
*Members receiving home health care services or custodial services from a skilled nursing facility may also receive a flu vaccine from that participating provider at no cost. However, any other covered services provided at the same time may be subject to a fee.
Where to Get Vaccinated If You Have Pharmacy Coverage
Members (18+ only) who have pharmacy coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts can receive a flu vaccine at pharmacies that are affiliated with Express Scripts®´, an independent company that administers your pharmacy benefits on behalf of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, as long as the vaccine is administered by a pharmacist who is licensed to perform flu vaccinations.
To find an affiliated Express Scripts pharmacy, members must log in to express-scripts.com and follow these steps:
- Select Prescriptions
- Select Find a Pharmacy
Where to Get a Vaccine Outside Massachusetts
For plans that offer coverage outside of Massachusetts, members can use the following resources to find a convenient location and get a flu vaccine:
- Find a participating provider, including a limited services clinic or retail health clinic (such as a CVS MinuteClinic), at Blue National Doctor and Hospital Finder
- Call Member Service at the number on the front of their ID card