Where to Get Vaccinated If You Have Medical Coverage
Most members who have medical insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts have full coverage (no cost) for CDC-approved flu vaccines when given by a participating provider (learn more) at a:
- Doctor’s office
- Limited services clinic (e.g., CVS MinuteClinic®´)
- Urgent care center
- Community health center
- Public access clinic sponsored by cities and towns (some offer no-cost flu shots, others require member ID to bill Blue Cross)
- Outpatient department of a hospital
- Skilled nursing facility* (if member is receiving outpatient custodial services, such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, etc.)
- Home health care provider* (if member is at home or at a flu clinic hosted by a home health provider)
To find a participating provider who can administer the flu vaccine, Blue Cross members can:
- Log in to MyBlue, then go to Find a Doctor & Estimate Costs.
- Call Member Service at the number on the front of their member ID card.
*Members receiving home health care services or custodial services from a skilled nursing facility may also receive a flu vaccine from that participating provider at no cost. However, any other covered services provided at the same time may be subject to a fee.
Where to Get Vaccinated If You Have Pharmacy Coverage
Members (18+ only) who have pharmacy coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts can receive a flu vaccine at pharmacies that are affiliated with Express Scripts®´, an independent company that administers your pharmacy benefits on behalf of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, as long as the vaccine is administered by a pharmacist who is licensed to give flu vaccinations.
To find an affiliated Express Scripts pharmacy, Blue Cross members can:
- Log in to MyBlue then go to MyAccount and select Express Scripts Pharmacy.
Where to Get Vaccinated Outside Massachusetts
For plans that offer coverage outside of Massachusetts, Blue Cross members can use the following resources to find a convenient location and get a flu vaccine:
- Find a participating provider, including a limited services clinic or retail health clinic (such as a CVS MinuteClinic), at Blue National Doctor and Hospital Finder
- Call Member Service at the number on the front of their ID card